To come to Russia foreign citizens usually need to apply for visa. Scholarly exchange visas are issued for free by Russian embassies and consulates abroad against the official invitation issued by the University (enough for citizens of the EU) plus “yellow card” , issued by the Federal Immigration Agency (for non EU countries). The exact regulations differ from country to country, please, check with the nearest Russian embassy or consulate.

If your are a EU citizen from the Schengen Area, we can prepare for you an Invitation for the Consulate. In this case you should send to a scanned copy of the first page of your (travel) passport, + information about:

  1. Your academic position;
  2. University and Dept. name, address and telephone number;
  3. Home address
  4. Consulate where your are going to apply for visa
  5. the hotel name where you are going to stay in SPb.